Online portfolios are similar to the traditional portfolio in terms of their objectives. With internet today, graphic design portfolios are used to highlight a company's products and services.
Only the best graphic design portfolios rapidly gain popularity and are widely used by small, medium and large businesses to inform online visitors about their web presence.
Keep the following tips in mind when designing your online portfolio, regardless of whether you want to make your portfolio a full website, a blog, or a section of your website.
- When creating graphic design portfolios, keep your audience in mind, especially your prospects. Your portfolio should say what you do.
- Keep it simple and straightforward – your portfolio should focus only on your best work.
- Say what your customers want to hear.
- Be professional: don't be too casual about your business. People will take you seriously only if you are professional.
- Optimise your "about page" to build a good reputation.
- Provide clear contact details.
- Have a "hire me" section for instant business opportunities.
- Add a little SEO to your online portfolio.
- Graphic design portfolios should be easy to navigate – this is an important aspect, because you will have different types of people visiting your portfolio.
- Generate enough traffic to convert visitors into customers.
Essential Features of Good Online Portfolios:
- Any online graphic design portfolio should have the following characteristics:
- Complete business name of your registered company.
- Commercial logo of your company / brand.
- Motto that defines your services and skills.
- Range of products.
- Services offered.
- 'About me' page / section.