Drinking smoothies are healthy and nutritious, but you can add different protein powders to increase energy and build muscle. Protein smoothies are a good source of protein without fats and carbohydrates that are usually associated with eating protein-rich foods.
If you don't have time to cook, smoothie protein recipes for building muscle will be fine and will really help you. This is one recipe that you will definitely enjoy apart from the rich protein source it will provide for your muscles:
You can also get Smoothie Knowledge & Tasty Recipes via Healthy Blendz.
- 1 banana (cold)
- 1 cup of nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of protein powder (check the recommended dosage based on age, weight and activity level)
1. Blend cold bananas and non-fat milk at high speed for at least 30 seconds.
2. Add yogurt and mix for 30 seconds.
3. Add protein powder and puree for 30 seconds at high speed.
4. Cool if desired before drinking.
There are other rich protein sources that you can add to make your protein smoothies like:
- Soy milk can add more protein to your smoothie.
- Peanut milk such as almonds and nuts will give your smoothie a rich taste and aroma.
- Silk tofu will not only package your smoothie with protein but will also make your smoothie smooth and soft.
- Flavoring nuts such as peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter contains the necessary protein and fatty acids which are basically to build muscle and increase your energy.