Web scraping, also known as web harvesting or web extraction of data, is a computer software technique that is used to extract data from any website.
Many companies offer websites scraping software to collect and organize data from one domain or part of the arena, with a focus on automating the process and transformation of raw data into a desired format that can replicate user databases.
Image Source: Google
Companies that offer scratch website software allows you to extract large amounts of data and images from any website to tightly pack that content into neatly CSV and ZIP files. Therefore, users can take their fingers off the keys Control + C to experience the joy of automation.
The purpose of web scraping software is to incite human browsing experience by replicating the computer commands to search, navigate, and field strange extract data from a web page.
The benefit lies in the automation of data collection and then converts the data itself of a structured format for a structured, such as CSV, XML, or TSV, where it can be uploaded, stored and examined. There are many advantages of these tools, such as:
- Collect items and pricing information on similar products sold by competitors
- Compile and regularly update a list of contact
- Gather news, blog posts, and articles to compile into a single RSS feed
- Monitor the changed item on the Internet and have updates sent to your email
- Supervisors account data regularly and automatically perform routine actions