Are you facing issues related to Netgear extender? Is your Netgear extender not connected to wifi router? If your answer is yes, then you are at right place. Here, in this post we will discuss major reasons behind the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to wifi router. We will also discuss troubleshooting steps. Let’s discuss the reason behind this issue first.
Reason Behind Netgear Extender Won’t Connect To The Router:
- Lost network connectivity.
- Partial Netgear extender reset.
- Netgear extender is blinking orange.
- Loose wired connections.
- Improper configuration of your home wifi router.
- Netgear extender is not setup properly.
- Improper placement of extender.
These were the major reasons behind the Netgear wifi extender not connecting to router issue.
Troubleshooting Netgear Extender Not Connecting To Wifi Router
- Check the status of LED lights on your Netgear extender. Make sure the LED lights is stable.
- Make sure the wifi router and extender is placed in the same room.
- Netgear wifi range extender hardware should not be faulty.
- Place the extender is placed in central location of your home or office.
- Make sure the extender is placed away from walls, ceilings and corners.
- Make sure the electronics devices are placed away from your Netgear extender as these can create interference in the path of wifi signals.
- Now, unplug the wifi extender from the wall socket.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Plug the Netgear extender back into a power outlet.
- Turn your Netgear extender on.
- Make a wired connection between your extender and wifi router instead of wifi.
- Use an undamaged and cut free LAN Cable.
- In case your wifi extender connecting to router that requires browser login, then make sure to connect your computer or laptop as well.
If all the connections are proper and you still face any issue for Netgear wifi extender setup, then try resetting your wifi range extender to the default factory settings. If you don’t have an idea how to reset your Netgear extender or facing any issues related to the Netgear extender then feel free to contact us at My WiFi Ext Fix and get the required help.